Favorite Glyph List Duplicating Itself

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2019.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
firelight

Favorite Glyph List Duplicating Itself

Post by firelight » 23 Mar 2020, 12:33

I'm wonder if anyone else is having this issue.

I use the Favorite Glyphs area in the Glyph Pallet. Every so often, QX2019 duplicates this list. So now my Favorites Glyph pallet doubles from 36 glyphs to 72 glyphs (identical to the 36 I set). Later it can happen again, and there will be even more dupes.

Yes, clearing Preferences temporarily "fixes" the problem, but I have to reset all my Favorite Glyphs and the problem returns.

Anyone else?

MikeWenzloff

Re: Favorite Glyph List Duplicating Itself

Post by MikeWenzloff » 24 Mar 2020, 10:29

I had it happen once. I deleted/removed the dups inside the glyphs palette and they haven't returned.

It's an odd thing seeing how Q won't let me add a duplicate!

firelight

Re: Favorite Glyph List Duplicating Itself

Post by firelight » 25 Mar 2020, 10:25

Sorry to hear it happened to you too, but also relieved to know it's not just me. :roll: Thanks for your feedback!

It's happened to me multiple times. - I'm running 15.2 on Win10.

I submitted a ticket. The tech could not reproduce the issue. I sent some screen captures and they say they will look into it further. If I get any news, I'll share it.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2019: General”