Can't open some PDF's

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2019.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
proproductsjim

Can't open some PDF's

Post by proproductsjim » 12 Jun 2020, 13:51

I recently upgraded to Quark 2019. Now I have several PDF's that were originally created in Quark 2018 and converted to PDF that won't open. I get a notification that I need to use the Quark converter (which is for Quark 6 and earlier) in order to open them. Even though these files were not created in an earlier version, I tried using the converter and that doesn't work either.

I have two PDF's side by side both created on the same day. One will open and the other won't.

Looking for a solution.

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Can't open some PDF's

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 13 Jun 2020, 10:50

Hi,

Kindly clarify that do you want to open the QXP Project or the PDF in QXP or in any PDF readers?

Thanks
A. Palaniappan
(apalaniappan@quark.com)

UtahLlama

Post by UtahLlama » 15 Jun 2020, 03:27

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.”

― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
:D

proproductsjim

Post by proproductsjim » 16 Jun 2020, 21:05

I'm afraid that on the day I posted this question I must have had serious brain fade. The term PDF should never have appeared in my question. The issue is not opening PDFs, it's opening Quark Xpress docs that were created in Quark 18 and now using Quark 19.

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 16 Jun 2020, 23:07

Kindly escalate to support@quark.com.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2019: General”