No "Undo" or "Redo"

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2020.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
CarlyMooMoo

No "Undo" or "Redo"

Post by CarlyMooMoo » 06 Aug 2020, 15:57

I'm running the latest version of QuarkXpress 2020 on a Mac (Mojave Version 10.14.6). Recently, the "UNDO" and "REDO" functions have quit working. The keyboard commands don't work and the menu selections are both dimmed out. It was doing it with my 2019 version and I thought that by upgrading to 2020, it would fix it. No other programs (including Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop) are experiencing any of these issues. Any suggestions?
I've already used the QuarkCacheCleaner (under "Contents/SharedSupport/Tools") and deleted the QuarkXpress 2020 preference files from the Library. It's really getting frustrating.

iMac with 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 Gigs of 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 775M 2 GB
27 Inch Display
3 TB Fusion Drive
Carl Norris, Owner
Quickprint of Weatherford

firelight

Re: No "Undo" or "Redo"

Post by firelight » 26 Oct 2020, 18:52

I'm on Win10, so not the same, but I've never seen this glitch in Quark. There are certain things that can't be undone, but in general, things like delete, cut, paste, move, etc. can be undone and redone. Really, you should open a ticket with support and get help.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2020: General”