update outrage

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2020.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Anthony Barnett

update outrage

Post by Anthony Barnett » 06 Oct 2020, 12:41

Yes, I am outraged. I use 2018. I was working on a document in 2018 this evening (uk) when I was auto updated to 2020, with the resultant loss of some recent work on the document, and the inability to reopen the document after closing it. Even if I had wanted to buy 2020, which I do not, the buy page could not be found. Panic. Fortunately, a live chat with one of your staff explained that I could still open in 2018. I could, but only after I deleted 2020, and then I had to redo that recent work. As I said to her (she was helpful), don't scare people like this. I decided last year that I would not go beyond 2018. I had great expectations when I moved from InDesign to Quark but your business model from last year onwards means that Quark has lost me. It's Affinity Publisher for the future. Thank you, Anthony

Return to “QuarkXPress 2020: General”