Painfully slow to launch

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2020.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
yakima

Painfully slow to launch

Post by yakima » 06 Dec 2020, 08:13

QXP2019 works perfectly on the Mac (running Catalina) and launches speedily. Why then would Quark decide in QXP2020 to move font management within Quark? Font Book within the Mac OS manages fonts quite well and integrates well with QXP2019. However, after the upgrade QXP2020 now takes over 6 minutes to launch!. After a lot of to and fro ing to technical and trashing of preferences and reinstalling it comes down to this version of Quark's inability to deal with lots of open fonts - it managed it before so why change something that aint broke? Suffice it to say I am happy to stick with the previous version. A retrograde step I'm afraid and an upgrade I most certainly cannot recommend. :roll:

Return to “QuarkXPress 2020: General”