Loss of all quark licenses

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2020.

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Andreas

Loss of all quark licenses

Post by Andreas » 20 Apr 2021, 05:00

Dear colleagues,

I lost all my Quark licenses in one fell swoop because no version can be activated anymore. First things first: I have been a Quark user since version 3.32, have gone through every update with sometimes multiple licenses - up to version 2018.
I have installed on a Win10 computer all versions from 7 to 2018, because I need to keep these versions for old data stock.
Now I have dared (quite obviously in a fit of madness) to update the BIOS of my computer. Quark apparently interpreted this as a hardware change and all installed versions require reactivation. Unfortunately, this is not possible because supposedly the number of allowed activations has been reached.
In a chat I asked for help from Quark. The absolutely only option I was offered is the following: I have to buy a new license and from this license an activation for an older version can be transferred.

I am now faced with the situation that the licenses I purchased as lifetime are no longer activated by Quark. Thus I was deprived of my right of use. I can therefore only warn against purchasing licenses from Quark in the future, because there is no guarantee that they will remain usable in the future.
After this very disappointing experience, I do not wish Quark a good future. They have lost all trust with me.

Angry greetings
Andreas

Return to “QuarkXPress 2020: General”