Stupid ID

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
eyoungren

Stupid ID

Post by eyoungren » 19 Sep 2008, 06:15

This morning I have an ad that I have to replicate from CR art (PDF) which unfortunately is forcing me to work in ID. Does anyone here know how to get rid of the damn page shadow around the page? I've looked and I've Googled and all I seem to find is info on drop shadows.

JRS

Stupid ID

Post by JRS » 19 Sep 2008, 08:06

View -> Screen Mode -> Preview and setting Preferences -> Guides & Pasteboard -> Preview Background to White is as close as I know how to get.

eyoungren

Stupid ID

Post by eyoungren » 19 Sep 2008, 08:45

I'm sorry. I should have mentioned my version of ID. ID CS2 Mac. Is this located on a different menu in this version? I can't seem to find this by your description.
EDIT: I found it in preferences. Seems that it works only for the preview mode though and not normal. Got to be a plug-in or something somwehre. XPress 6.x can do with with an XTension.

JRS

Stupid ID

Post by JRS » 19 Sep 2008, 09:28

Boy, I don't remember, I've chucked my CS2. I know the Preview mode was on the View menu, but I don't recall if preferences offered a similar option to define the background color around the preview image. If there was I'd still expect it to be with guide colors that you could control.In CS3 you can get a white background with a 1 point black stroke for the page margin, no shadow. Maybe CS2 didn't offer that background color control.- John

charlieartist

Stupid ID

Post by charlieartist » 28 Sep 2008, 13:18

Sorry to hear, Erik,But you may want to do a Google search for a plugin...Right now, I have ID issues of my own--I am having to work with three versions--CS, CS2, and CS3. Some keyboard and menu shortcuts change from version to version, and so it takes a bit of adjustment.Although this may create some extra work, how about creating a layer (stacked at the bottom), with a white box that covers most of the pasteboard. Lock it, and make it visible but not printable. That may take care of your problem...

eyoungren

Stupid ID

Post by eyoungren » 29 Sep 2008, 04:46

Hey thanks. Something to try anyway. I would have Googled for something, but at the time it was a matter of deadline with the ad so I didn't have a whole lot of time. Definetely something to search for when I get a chance.
Good idea though as I had not even considered that.

Return to “Sofa Threads”