Older version Quark files..can you help me?

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
MikeWenzloff

Re: Older version Quark files..can you help me?

Post by MikeWenzloff » 27 Oct 2014, 10:57

Andy, attached is a ZIP file containing all three versions.

The original with a qxd extension, after running the QXP 10 Converter (you can tell from the filename as it has a 9x at the end) and after opening in QXP 10 and saving it (has a 10x at the end of the filename).

Mike
Attachments
firefly-Andy.zip
(153.68 KiB) Downloaded 658 times

firefly

Post by firefly » 27 Oct 2014, 13:22

Mike,

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. I was able to open the file in Quark Express. I have three other files I need to open. Can I do what you did on my end?

Andy

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 27 Oct 2014, 13:51

Hi Andy,

You should be able to using the QuarkXpress Document Converter. Download link and the information is available at the thread below. Which is what Matthias suggested doing in the first response to this thread.

You need to change the file extensions. If you are using Windows, you need to enable being able to see the extensions in order to change them.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26842

firefly

Post by firefly » 27 Oct 2014, 15:06

Thanks Mike, I tried that before but with no luck...apparently I did something wrong...so I will give it another go!

You and Mathias have been great. Thanks again for all your help. Funny, but once I solve this problem I need to learn how to use Quark Express.

Have a good day!

Andy

firefly

Post by firefly » 28 Oct 2014, 11:59

Hello Mathias and Mike,

Well I did it. I think my problem was I saved the converter file and than had to search through all the other Quark files to find it. I want to thank you both again for all your help and maintaining a helpful attitude while I tried to get my act together. Now once I learn how to save these new files to a CD and try to make a few changes to them I should be able to use them again.

The best to you all and keep up the good work you are doing.

Andy

Return to “Sofa Threads”