Strange cropping problem!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Tracer

Strange cropping problem!

Post by Tracer » 11 Nov 2014, 09:07

This question is only somewhat related to Quark, but I can't get an answer from Adobe -- so I hope someone here has the smarts to figure it out.

I'm on a Mac, 10.8.6, and use Photoshop CS3.

Just in the past few days, when I try to crop and resize a photo in PS, and then hit return. The photo shrinks itself to ONE PIXEL!

This is a big problem, since I then have to use the entire photo when bringing it into Quark and then reduce it in Quark. Not the best way to do things!

I've changed nothing in PS to cause this to happen.

Please help!

max.peter

Re: Strange cropping problem!

Post by max.peter » 11 Nov 2014, 09:54

Check the Crop Tool presets (on the settings bar), maybe you have activated a 1x1 px cropping preset.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Tracer

Post by Tracer » 11 Nov 2014, 09:57

Thanks for that tip, but I reset the PS preferences (holding down shift/option/command) while restarting PS, and it worked!

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 11 Nov 2014, 10:09

I would likely begin with resetting only the crop tool in PS. So select the crop tool. On the options bar, there is an icon for the currently selected tool Right-click on it and choose to reset the tool (you can also reset all tools, but as it is the crop tool giving you grief, I would do it alone). Though you shouldn't need to exit and restart PS for the tool to be really reset, I have found it sometimes does.

If that doesn't cure it, I would make sure PS is not running, and reset the application. Which is done by holding down cmd+shift+option and keeping them depressed when starting an Adobe application. However, this also sometimes does not cure the issue and preferences need to be deleted via the file system...on a Mac I suppose that is done via Finder, though I am using Windows so I dunno.

Mike

idsocho

Post by idsocho » 11 Mar 2015, 00:58

I've changed nothing in PS to cause this to happen?

Return to “Sofa Threads”