Forum posting weird

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
omegaman

Forum posting weird

Post by omegaman » 11 Mar 2013, 12:40

How come some posts are automatically posted and others I am told must be confirmed by a moderator before they will appear?

migman

Forum posting weird

Post by migman » 11 Mar 2013, 20:32

I'm not sure why, but when it's happened to me in the past, I have wondered if it's because I posted a link to some screenshots, and the forum software assumed I was a spammer. Then again, it may have something to do with cleaning out your browser cookies or something like that. I would have thought that after all these years and all these posts they'd let me slide, so it must be some sort of tripwire in the software.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Forum posting weird

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 11 Mar 2013, 21:02

Hi Omegaman,
yes, the forums has a spam filter that filters out suspected posts. Not sure how their algorithm works, sometimes you can add many external links, sometimes even a single link will trigger it. We made an adjustment a few weeks ago when we were covered in spam, maybe we can use a more relaxed setting.
We check the suspected posts typically at least twice per weekday, so your post should appear soon.

Where the forum is weird is the "moderation" settings. I set mig to "unmoderated" a long time back and somehow the forum keeps insisting to moderate him after a few months again ;-)
Regards
Matthias

eyoungren

Forum posting weird

Post by eyoungren » 15 Mar 2013, 05:42

Hey Matthias, where do I sign up to be "unmoderated" too? LOL! [:D]

Return to “Sofa Threads”