Design Contest!!!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Scripting_Ace

Design Contest!!!

Post by Scripting_Ace » 14 Sep 2005, 11:01

As Tony pointed out in this post of his, it's a shame Quark did not draw on its fan base to come up with the new logo.

nevertheless, I taking upon myself, to have this friendly "contest" right here on the SOFA. So far, the only prize would be member recognition and possibly bragging rights. However, should Quark, at any time, decide to jump in and decern a more "real" prize for THEIR pick, of what is sure to be a kickass display of originality and ingenuity, I would not stop them ;-)

So here it is folks!
Back to the drawing board!

Note: This is meant as a FUN venture! I would strongly appreciate that each submitted ideas would be aimed at PROMOTING Quark! It other words, this is not for trolls!

tperkins

Design Contest!!!

Post by tperkins » 14 Sep 2005, 11:14

As Michel pointed out
[quote:3d97153588]Note: This is meant as a FUN venture! I would strongly appreciate that each submitted ideas would be aimed at PROMOTING Quark! It other words, this is not for trolls!

I did this one along the same lines as Quarks new logo, same basic layout and color. What do ya'll think?

http://www.graphicreproductions.net/nqsubmission.jpg

longtimedesigner

Design Contest!!!

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 11:20

I like it. It looks like someone who's about to hack.

Here's my version of a stylized Q.

It symbolizes where Quark has stuck it to the customer over the last decade and a half.

http://www.geocities.com/fuquark/Qlogo.gif

longtimedesigner

Design Contest!!!

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 11:37

willmark

Design Contest!!!

Post by willmark » 14 Sep 2005, 12:07

NICE!

I kinda feel sorry for all the new folks at Quark who have no idea just how angry almost everyone who has ever used Xpress still is... Or even way their is such hostility to Quark in general.

Its going to take alot more then promises of vaporware and a redesigned logo + website to even get my users and I to even think about coming back.

Mark

longtimedesigner

Design Contest!!!

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 12:45

How about one more, just for luck?

http://www.geocities.com/fuquark/luq.gif

Scripting_Ace

Design Contest!!!

Post by Scripting_Ace » 14 Sep 2005, 12:49

[strong]I:[/strong]Note: This is meant as a FUN venture! I would strongly appreciate that each submitted ideas would be aimed at PROMOTING Quark! It other words, this is not for trolls!

[strong]Then longtimedesigner (a self-proclaimed troll):[/strong]I like it. It looks like someone who's about to hack.

Here's my version of a stylized Q.

It symbolizes where Quark has stuck it to the customer over the last decade and a half.

Even the most basic concept seems to escape your dense thought process... I guess it is no wonder why you dislike Quark so much yet still use it.

longtimedesigner

Design Contest!!!

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 12:57

Scripting Ace, a self-proclaimed genius wrote: "I guess it is no wonder why you dislike Quark so much yet still use it."

Pssst . . . Einstein, I switched to "the other, friendlier software company's product" a long time ago. I don't still use Quark.

Maybe the most simple concept of Quark's hostile customer service attitude has flown under your radar for several years, and you're not aware of why they designed a new logo in the first place.

Lighten up. Why are you taking this so personally? Are you Fred Ebrahimi in disguise?

Scripting_Ace

Design Contest!!!

Post by Scripting_Ace » 14 Sep 2005, 13:03

[img]../../themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif"> [strong]longtimedesigner (a self-proclaimed troll):[/strong]...
Pssst . . . Einstein, I switched to "the other, friendlier software company's product[/img]
Maybe the most simple concept of Quark's hostile customer service attitude has flown under your radar for several years, and you're not aware of why they designed a new logo in the first place.

Lighten up. Why are you taking this so personally? Are you Fred Ebrahimi in disguise?

Why are YOU taking it so personally? Why are you wasting your time here?

You are not even a Quark User !!!
So I had it right the first time, your only business here is to troll...
This is sad really...

longtimedesigner

Design Contest!!!

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 14:55

I'm a licensed Quark user. I just haven't used it in several years. That gives me the right to say what I please about Quark. I paid my dues.

Quit whining and taking things so personally. You said this was supposed to be fun. I'm having fun. Why aren't you?

Return to “Sofa Threads”