Announcement of Quark 7 at Seybold

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
longtimedesigner

Post by longtimedesigner » 14 Sep 2005, 10:42

A bunch of industry publications announced that Jurgen Kurtz was going to make a big splash by giving the first public demo of Quark 7 at Seybold on Monday, September 12.

I haven't seen anything about how it went yet.

Does anyone have any feedback?

NESprepress

Post by NESprepress » 15 Sep 2005, 10:04

I was at the Quark booth yesterday at the Seybold Chicago show.

The person giving the Demo came off sounding like an out of work comedian/cheerleader :(

I wasn't impressed with the "new" features... sure looked like stuff from 2 years ago by another program. No idea on shipping or cost. Got the standard "It's in Beta testing right now" reply. Geez... if you are going to do a Big Preview on your product, at least have some solid answers.

Someone at Quark better be able to pull a large rabbit of their hat when they finally release version 7.

longtimedesigner

Post by longtimedesigner » 15 Sep 2005, 10:19

Glen Turpin was supposed to present it at his keynote speech, according to a number of articles. Seybold was then supposed to poll the audience for their response and publish the results yesterday. I haven't seen anything about how that went.

fab1

Post by fab1 » 16 Sep 2005, 10:34

Get this ... On Quarks home page is the link on the upper right: "Quark demonstrates latest version of QuarkXPress". Go to that page and look for "Will InDesign beat out Quark. Click here to read more more".

On that page it says: "Blatner: InDesign, Not Quark, Is the Future of DTP" ... "I am utterly fascinated that a majority of people still use QuarkXPress," Blatner said. "InDesign is just leagues better than Quark."

Is anybody at Quark checking what they post?

Return to “Sofa Threads”