Check out X-Ray Magazine

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Patty

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by Patty » 01 Apr 2005, 17:39

X-Ray XPlodes! Download the X-Ray Magazine PDF free! Share the Link!

NEW YORK April 4, 2005 X-Ray Magazine, the leading source for content, features, tips and tricks, insightful reviews for professionals that focus on Quark software product publishing, workgroup, and enterprise technology, has re-launched after a seven-year hiatus with phenomenal results. Get a free copy of Volume 3 Issue 1 or subscribe.

Quark has always been superior to competitors in print publishing, and therefore X-Ray Magazine will be the only magazine in this category that is available via hard copy as well as online. In an industry accustomed to change and innovation, X-Ray Magazine will not only contain the great information to help design professionals work smarter, it will also look like something they would be proud to have created on their own.

http://www.xraymag.com/local-cgi-bin/cl ... _v3_n1.pdf

Subscriptions:
http://www.thepowerxchange.com/xray_mag ... _prd1.html

tony p

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by tony p » 01 Apr 2005, 18:01

Is blatant commercial advertising allowed on this forum then? I hadn't realized.

longtimedesigner

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by longtimedesigner » 01 Apr 2005, 20:56

"Quark has always been superior to competitors in print publishing"

ROFLMAO. Who do you think you're kidding?

Maybe it was superior to competitors in the '90s, because it had none to speak of. InDesign has been wiping the floor with Quark for the last 5 years.

Come on. Quit hyping us. We know better.

Jim Oblak

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by Jim Oblak » 02 Apr 2005, 00:12

[strong]tony p:[/strong]Is blatant commercial advertising allowed on this forum then? I hadn't realized.

Patty started this new thread because her last one was hijacked by nay-sayers and critics. I'm sure this one will not get hijacked. :lol:

louisdenis

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by louisdenis » 02 Apr 2005, 08:24

I just checked out the free PDF issue of X Ray. It's a typical computer magazine
that contains more favorable publicity (propaganda) than information.
Since it is publicity and since Quark is so expensive, that magazine should be given free
all year long, I can't believe Quark asks users to pay $10 for an issue.
(But if you subscribe for a year, they give you the chance of receiving a free T-Shirt so you can walk around and do publicity for them, free!).

I guess it's useful for someone who knows nothing about Quark. Because for me, articles that tell me the importance of managing my fonts make me laugh quite a bit.
Fonts should be managed! No shit Sherlock.
X Ray's articles state the obvious and help in no way real experienced users with
real complex problems. Like all computer magazines actually.

Better to be a nay-sayer than to be brainwashed by big corporate marketing verbiage.

Patty

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by Patty » 04 Apr 2005, 09:42

Jim O.,
My goal is to spread the word, nothing more nothing less. Constructive views are most helpful.

Jim Oblak

Check out X-Ray Magazine

Post by Jim Oblak » 04 Apr 2005, 10:56

Patty, you can read my constructive views in the first Quark 'General' forum that you posted.

I respond to spam just like anyone else on this forum.

The fact that you created a user account simply to post this advertisement indicates that you are a spammer. It would have been nice if you were on the forum at least a week prior, offering help or asking questions like true forum users.

Do not expect a free lunch by advertising on a forum. Others can spread the negative word about X-Ray too.

Return to “Sofa Threads”