Until the Sofa gets reupholstered.... What's up!!!!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Tim OConnor

Post by Tim OConnor » 01 Jun 2004, 15:49

Now, before we were so rudely interupted...

How is everybody?

Bill Detty

Post by Bill Detty » 01 Jun 2004, 16:23

Great, Tim, just great. The work's pretty much the same (advertising and in-house graphics for a semi-small software developer in the Phoenix area), but life outside of work has changed greatly: in the past year we've remodeled, been burglarized, replaced most of the stolen stuff, traveled a lot and helped my parents downsize and move into an apartment. And there's something coming up that'll be really life-changing that I shouldn't talk about in detail just yet. The location information to the left may give you a hint, though.

As usual, music follows me everywhere, even more so since Ron got me an iPod which I've managed to get about 60% full with assorted alt-country, folk, jazz, what used to be called progressive rock, and the odd classical disc.

And how's it going with you?

Tim OConnor

Post by Tim OConnor » 01 Jun 2004, 16:34

Things are just fine Bill... Been very busy, changed jobs, back in advertising.
Big downtown office in the Great White North. My daughter is almost 3 and knows how to put my G4 to sleep when she thinks I am online too much...

Sorry to here about the burglary... Has anyone seen Ira or Kieth?

Hi to BonnieJ, I saw you post in another thread... Lets get our comfy sofa back, eh!

stump

Post by stump » 01 Jun 2004, 16:42

just got my copy of quark 6 -- with a 50% off coupon i got in the mail -- only $111 after shipping and tax

im hoping *part* of the reason the forum is back up is cause i said "i want the forum back" in every response to a recent online survey i did :D

hope all is well!

Bill Detty

Post by Bill Detty » 01 Jun 2004, 16:47

Ira and PatsOMac showed up in MacDesign's forums for about five minutes but haven't posted there in months, I've seen Linda around in several places, and there are a couple of others I've crossed paths with but lost track of again.

Don't knock burglary--sure it was traumatic, but the insurance money paid for a G5.

bonniej

Post by bonniej » 01 Jun 2004, 17:23

Hi all... I too am glad the forums are back.... it's been way too long!!!!!

ReneG

Post by ReneG » 02 Jun 2004, 09:25

I saw Ira on Adobe Forums a few months ago. I thought he'd be a regular but I haven't seen him since.

Tim OConnor

Post by Tim OConnor » 02 Jun 2004, 10:11

I have often found the "regulars" at Adobe, claiming to welcome Quark users on one hand and then abusing them and driving them away if they don't "Convert"

ReneG

Post by ReneG » 02 Jun 2004, 10:43

For my "Quark Fix", I'd hang out at Macworld Forums (even there, there was Quark bashing occuring)
:shock:

BriScrye

Post by BriScrye » 02 Jun 2004, 14:40

Howdy!
I am new to the quark forum, but not new to quark. I only have about 4 years experinece with Quark but I have been a Graphic Artist since the mid-80's, then I joined the Navy and got back into things in '94.
And here I sit.
I have read some of the posts here and hope I might be able to add something once in awhile.
Although since I am sel taught on Quark, my knowledge base is probably fledgling at best.
C'ya around...
~Brian

Return to “Sofa Threads”