Until the Sofa gets reupholstered.... What's up!!!!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Linda

Post by Linda » 02 Jun 2004, 15:00

:::waving::: Hiya Bill! :-) Kind Nick just alerted the siclist that the forums are back, so maybe we'll see a few of the others showing up. How on earth did y'all find out these were back so quickly?

peace,
Linda

Bill Detty

Post by Bill Detty » 02 Jun 2004, 16:12

[quote:5575dd74a3]How on earth did y'all find out these were back so quickly?

Quickly? I've been checking every few days for a year to see if they'd show up.

Then I went away for a week to get my folks moved into an apartment and didn't have a chance to check until Saturday evening--and here they are.

Word travels fast though--look how many people we've known for years are in the member list already.

myfavoriteletterisb

Post by myfavoriteletterisb » 02 Jun 2004, 16:47

Glad to see Quark alive and kicking.

Bill, welcome to Texas (soon).

B

marsh

Post by marsh » 02 Jun 2004, 17:00

Ah the forums are back . It will be nice to sit on the sofa once again. I've been looking for good info all over the web just to see (ok some deserved) trash talk about quark. At least the people on the sofa ANSWER questions.

Bill Detty

Post by Bill Detty » 02 Jun 2004, 17:08

Hey, B, I lived in Houston until I moved to Phoenix 6 years ago. Know anybody at Fogarty Klein Monroe? I worked there for many years in production and design.

myfavoriteletterisb

Post by myfavoriteletterisb » 03 Jun 2004, 12:01

[strong]Bill Detty:[/strong]Hey, B, I lived in Houston until I moved to Phoenix 6 years ago. Know anybody at Fogarty Klein Monroe? I worked there for many years in production and design.

No, unfortunately I dont know anyone over there. (I probably need to network more.) Ive been inhouse for Argus Financial Software for the last few years. I like the projects, and they let me work from home part time so I can avoid the 'new' west loop as much as possible!!! ha, ha

B

Bill Detty

Post by Bill Detty » 03 Jun 2004, 12:53

[strong]myfavoriteletterisb:[/strong]... they let me work from home part time so I can avoid the 'new' west loop as much as possible!!! ha, ha

B

You've got my sympathy there--I used to live 100 yards east of the Loop, between Richmond and Westheimer, and drive to Fogarty Klein on Old Katy Road half a mile east of the Loop.

Sunday mornings in good weather I could walk out the door and be in my office in 9 minutes; between Thanksgiving and New Year's on a wet weekday evening the trip took more like 35. That was 6 years ago; what's happening with the Loop now?

Tim OConnor

Post by Tim OConnor » 14 Jun 2004, 10:18

Welcome Back Ira...

How's Florida?

Ira

Post by Ira » 14 Jun 2004, 10:51

HEY GUYS! HEY GALS! WE'RE "ALMOST" ALL BACK TOGETHER!!!

I have to thank Paul Sanderson from England who e-mailed me this morning to let me know that Quark's dang forums are back up!

(See the way I'm watching my language? See how I'm TRYING to behave during these special first few days back here!?)

Of course, when I went to log in, I forgot my gosh darn user name and password! (See there? Still behaving!) And golly gee whiz, I had to reregister because gosh darn, Quark's password/user name reminder wouldn't work! Silly me! Is it possible that those wild folks at Quark purged the old user database? Or just half of it? Boy, what a wacky bunch!

And I also just love how we're all mixed here together into this soon-to-be 48-page message board! Quark 3, 4, 5 and 6 users coexisting together--Mac 8 through Panther users picking brains and exchanging quips with Windows 3.1, 98, XP, NT and ME folks! Now THIS is how God intended it!

Finally, I simply ADORE the 18-charachter line width restriction when posting, so my simple 6-paragraph post becomes a valuable lesson and exercise in power scrolling!

Yes, it's good to be back--with YOU guys anyway.

But I can't believe that this website is what these morons came up with after a year of redesign. (Damn, I knew my sunny new attitude wouldn't last.)

By the way, back to business: On Panther 10.3.4 and Suitcase 11.0.2, is it STILL not possible, after all of this time, to view my fonts in WYSWIG in Q6.1?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 14 Jun 2004, 11:10

Kind of like a reunion.

Yeah Bill I go back to MacDesign forums from time to time, got fed up with you know the one with the trash mouth.

But I'll be here most of the time now.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

We are here in Nashville, Bill if you want country music

Got a third title for our company, we are producing right now

Need to ship files, I'll check back later

Return to “Sofa Threads”