WOW! Forums are back--but worse!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Ira

Post by Ira » 14 Jun 2004, 09:27

:twisted:

This is pitiful.

Months and months and months of Quark revamping their Forums--leaving us with NOTHING in-between--and this is what they come up with? Not only don't they divide discussions by issues/topics and/or Quark version, they don't even divide it by PLATFORM!

Are these guys totally nuts???

Plus, no Sofa to boot.

I am done. the next major upgrade from 6 that Quark makes, I'm switching to InDesign. I don't need this abuse and apathy from a company. ANY company.

And when I DID have to call them regarding a licensing issue, the last thing I needed was to have my calls routed to India and not understanding a DAMN word their rep was saying.

I mean, I had to ask them to repeat sentences three, four times. You couldn't understand them at all!

Jim Oblak

Post by Jim Oblak » 14 Jun 2004, 10:40

Quark wanted all of their problems discussed in an open forum. This way, the Windows users and the Mac users can both see how lousy Q6 is behaving.

phpBB, which is what this forum runs on, is way too easily administrated. It would be no trouble for a competent Quark employee to establish the various forum sections that we were used to. One can only guess why this is a jumbled mess.

Ira

Post by Ira » 14 Jun 2004, 11:00

I have to tell you, Jim...I think this is indicative of the company as a whole. I have ALWAYS been a big Q supporter, but this is pretty ridiculous.

I mean, absolutely NO thought at all when into how this thing was structured.

Or even scarier, that A LOT of thought went into it and this is the result.

cp2209

Post by cp2209 » 18 Jun 2004, 04:23

Yeah the India called centre is really good. NOT!
I have had to call them a few times and I can never understand
thrm at all.

InDesigner

Post by InDesigner » 18 Jun 2004, 11:07

Let's all keep in mind, forums are places generally populated by complaints. For each bad experience, there are multiples of good experiences. As an Apple reseller, I can only say QX 6 (for the most part) is performing well for the majority of our clients.

BUT... there sure is a lot of "noise" about inDesign. :wink:

gilgemesh

Post by gilgemesh » 18 Jun 2004, 11:32

I think it is interesting that the one person defending Quark, is InDesigner. Almost like Bill Gates saying how great the Macintosh operating system is.

Hey, by the way, if all the calls are routed to India, why is the call center only open 700-5:00 mountain time? Shouldn't we be on Indian standard time at least or even, GOD forbid 24 hours?

Ira

Post by Ira » 18 Jun 2004, 11:42

Not only is Q6 NOT performing great, there are a ton of issues that just make no sense, things that shouldn't be happening in such a major upgrade.

But if you were a regular visitor to these forums before Q revamped them, right when 6 was released, there WEREN'T a lot complaints. Seriously. The only Q-bashing was from ID folks who came by to irritate us.

The majority of us defended Quark vigorously.

Also, a few months ago, I was invited to a lunch and learn by Adobe on ID. And I was blown away. Not only is it LOADED with stuff that you have to buy extra extensions to in Q, but judging by the stability of all Adobe products, you KNOW the program is gonna hardly ever hang up on you.

No, this is serious. I appreciate those comments defending Q's performance, but something is definitely going on with the loyalty of their user base.

And I'm saying in all sincerity, I am not being racist--but I do NOT want to talk to Indians who not only don't know what the hell they're talking about 90% of the time, but that you can't even UNDERSTAND 90% of the time!

It's a disgrace.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 18 Jun 2004, 12:22

I'm reminded here of another recent post in this forum regarding the quark summit conference in colorado where attendees were given a preview of qxp 7.

Now THAT (qxp 7), is what has me hopping mad at quark and THAT is virtually the Last Straw for me.

The nerve! of this company to have put so much work into their next release when you can look at a long list of 'known issues' (which doesn't cover all of what WE know to be 'known issues') for qxp 6, on their own web site, tells me that they are only interested in one thing...money. Not customer satisfaction! Not customer loyalty! Not pride of product! Just Money!...or they're the dumbest bunch of business managers on the face of the earth!

I refuse to buy into their game any longer by buying these expensive upgrades that don't work and Never Never Never get fully fixed before the next expensive upgrade comes along.

And I'm not even going to gripe about all of the expensive extensions it takes to boost functionality for each qxp upgrade!

And India! Have you ever sent them a file so that they can investigate the matter further? And ever heard back from them afterward? We haven't, and we've sent (4) Four over the last 9 months!

pr9000

Post by pr9000 » 18 Jun 2004, 12:54

from what i've heard, they were shown exactly one feature of Quark 7 running on a particularly buggy early-alpha version.

just to make it clear, they were not given (as in "handed to on a disk") Quark 7.

or if they were, i didn't get my copy. :shock: [/i]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 18 Jun 2004, 13:22

Sorry...I meant "shown."

Return to “Sofa Threads”