WOW! Forums are back--but worse!

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
Dee Holmes

Post by Dee Holmes » 19 Jun 2004, 19:00

What am I missing with the search engine? It's giving me everything that doesn't have to do with topic I wanted. :cry:

willmark

Post by willmark » 21 Jun 2004, 07:51

pr9000

Again playing devil's avocate here.

As a Company Quark has NEVER listened to its customers. Quark Public image is entirely of their own making is going to be hard if downright impossible to change, time will tell however.

What you have stated with Enterprise solutions is very true however, money does talk, especially when its talking to the tune of six and seven figures.

pr9000

Post by pr9000 » 21 Jun 2004, 13:56

Oh, I agree -- Quark may never be able to change its perception among most people in the industry. You could do a case study on "How to Destroy Your Company's Reputation" and never have to leave Quark's HQ.

Enterprise is the dog; smaller shops and single users are the tail. But the important thing, especially with what I've seen of the enterprise products, is that no matter what, you gotta use QuarkXPress to get the job done. They can sell enterprise until they're out of acronyms, but in the end, Quark has to work.

And I think it will. I tend to think of this period as not unlike the great System 6-System 7 migration of 12-14 years back. It was painful, it offered a lot of promise, and it broke some things that people in the industry had just gotten used to ... I think we all have to do that again. I think Quark will come through just fine.

willmark

Post by willmark » 22 Jun 2004, 07:15

True, very true with your observations. In the Windows side of the world this is rapidialy appraoching, eg, next year with the release of Longhorn the next windows OS. I have a feeling there will be a lot of interoparbility with older versions of programs.

Still it looks like after 4 years of continous upgrades to the OS, OSX will be staying put with Tiger a bit.

Return to “Sofa Threads”