Quark Marketing: Special Offers

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
rslashs

Post by rslashs » 03 Apr 2014, 05:19

I can't tell you how frustrating it is to continually receive QUARK SPECIAL OFFERS for people getting a new version of QXP long after us "early adopters"have paid for our QXP app. Where is the $1000. worth of Creative Pro Tools for US? I paid for my QXP10 before it was even out but I get nothing!Rick/Simonrslashs@bell.net

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Apr 2014, 07:36

Hi Rick,
please have a look again at the Creative Pro offer:
It offers three "bundles", the one where you get the $1000 worth of Creative Pro tools are the middle and top offer ("Go Pro" and "Go Pro Plus"), not the "Go Basic" plain vanilla upgrade. So you have to pay a small amount extra to get them. Still, I agree with you, truly an attractive offer.
So if you are interested in getting the tools, please give us a call, we have a possibility for you too:
http://www.quark.com/Buy/QuarkXPress_Sa ... r_Service/

Regards
Matthias

omegaman

Post by omegaman » 03 Apr 2014, 10:12

rslashs wrote:I can't tell you how frustrating it is to continually receive QUARK SPECIAL OFFERS for people getting a new version of QXP long after us "early adopters"have paid for our QXP app. Where is the $1000. worth of Creative Pro Tools for US? I paid for my QXP10 before it was even out but I get nothing!Rick/Simonrslashs@bell.net
Was an early adopter too. This is a great deal that leaves me wanting as well.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 03 Apr 2014, 19:41

Hi omegaman,
that's the typical nature of promotions (regardless of company or even industry) that only people who are buying are entitled to a special offer (and not the customers having bought early).
omegaman wrote:Was an early adopter too. This is a great deal that leaves me wanting as well.

And that's why THIS TIME we defined this promo differently, we have offers for ALL users of QuarkXPress 10, new AND existing.
So if you own QuarkXPress 10, regardless when you bought, please give us a call or send me an email (with your region/country):
We have a special offer for you too.
Thanks
Matthias

Qrk3to10

Post by Qrk3to10 » 05 May 2014, 12:27

While this is turning into a really good offer (Thank You Quark! [:)]), this is a heads up when redeeming the ID2Q portion of the offer.
First, the link to the Markzware ID2Q Quark Promo Bundle included in the Quark email listing the various products and license keys is unique to each customer and will serve as the source for all updates as well as the initial installer, so bookmark it for future reference.
Second, the installer comes as a ZIP file. Also included in the Zip file is an ID2Q Manual. In the manual is a step by step process for how the installation should proceed. Read that first!
Why? Because the default Apple Archive utility unzipped the file but it wouldn't run and was declared damaged. I happened to have Stuffit Expander installed and that unzipped the file without a damage warning but while the option to install was offered, the installation did not proceed as pictured in the Manual. I had purchased The Unarchiver from the App Store and tried that to unzip the file. It appeared to unzip like the other efforts but this time the installation proceeded as it should and the extension is installed, with the registration process occuring automatically. The installer consists of an alias to the actual installer application and a plugin file. I noted that the various extracting programs delivered different sized installers and plugins in different combinations (!) and only The Unarchiver got both components right.
Note that this all happened on a Mac running 10.8.5 and the ID2Q version installed is for Quark 9. It might be different with a different OS and/or the Quark 10 version of ID2Q.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 06 May 2014, 22:19

Hi Qrk3to10,
glad that you like the bundle.
I spoke to Markzware and they kindly ask you to contact them here: http://support.markzware.com
They can help resolve this issue.
Thanks
Matthias

Qrk3to10

Post by Qrk3to10 » 14 May 2014, 16:18

This is an update to my post regarding installation issues with ID2Q. The problem described and the solution I found that solved the problem applied to installing ID2Q in Quark 9 on a Mac running Mountain Lion.
I just tried it installing ID2Q for Quark 10 and ran into the same unzipping problem with the ID2Q file, but this time The Unarchiver failed just like Apple's default Archive Utility, with the file being declared damaged with an offer to move it to the trash. Oddly, this time, Stuffit Expander v.13.0.2, which is at least six years old, unzipped the archive successful and the installation succeeded.
Markzware tech support is aware of the compression problem and file updates are in the works. Note that you'd need to check the website that's unique to your purchase to discover any updates to ID2Q

tony599

Post by tony599 » 21 May 2014, 21:36

Very confused at this! I did apply for the free tools a while back and it went through but they then asked me what bundle I had purrchased. Well I didn't know what they meant as I hadn't purchased any bundles that I was aware of, I have the 'Get 10 for free when you upgrade to 9' version. So told Quark that and never got any further response so I assumed I was too early with my purchase/upgrade and had missed out like others.
Do I need to apply again if it is available under those conditions and if so how? I keep getting Quark reps phoning me about 10 but they never mention this offer.

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 May 2014, 01:20

Hi Tony,
the tools are not free, neither for existing nor for new users. New users need to buy the Go Pro bunde, which is e.g $50 more expensive than the plain vanilla Go Basic upgrade and includes tools worth more than $1,000. So a good deal.
A similar offer exists for existing users, so you need to buy the additional items.
Thanks
Matthias

tony599

Post by tony599 » 22 May 2014, 01:46

Hi Matthias
Thanks. In fact I had a mail from Quark support about 5 minutes after I posted this which I assume was related but appears not. Just a follow up to the earlier application.

It seems I can and am in the process of ordering the Pro tools for UKP 100 as a 'prior to offer' QXP10 purchaser. For everyone's benefit the tools for that money are:

[*]Markzwares ID2Q converter for QuarkXPress 9 (Mac/Win) and 10 (Mac only)[*]Corel AfterShot Pro RAW Photo Editor (Mac/Win) [*]Monotype OpenType Pro Fonts (Mac/Win): Aldus Nova (Book), Elegy (Regular), Fruitygreen (Regular), Metro Nova (Regular), Yalta Sans (Book, Book Italic, Regular, Bold)[*]FontExplorer X Pro (Mac/Win)
Odd that there is no ID2Q conveter for Windows which is what I use. Or is that coming maybe?

NB: The latest upgrade to 10 appears so far to have worked miracles running under Windows 8.1.... I might actually be able to use it now.

Return to “Sofa Threads”