Quark Marketing: Special Offers

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
tony599

Post by tony599 » 22 May 2014, 01:46

Hi Matthias
Thanks. In fact I had a mail from Quark support about 5 minutes after I posted this which I assume was related but appears not. Just a follow up to the earlier application.

It seems I can and am in the process of ordering the Pro tools for UKP 100 as a 'prior to offer' QXP10 purchaser. For everyone's benefit the tools for that money are:

[*]Markzwares ID2Q converter for QuarkXPress 9 (Mac/Win) and 10 (Mac only)[*]Corel AfterShot Pro RAW Photo Editor (Mac/Win) [*]Monotype OpenType Pro Fonts (Mac/Win): Aldus Nova (Book), Elegy (Regular), Fruitygreen (Regular), Metro Nova (Regular), Yalta Sans (Book, Book Italic, Regular, Bold)[*]FontExplorer X Pro (Mac/Win)
Odd that there is no ID2Q conveter for Windows which is what I use. Or is that coming maybe?

NB: The latest upgrade to 10 appears so far to have worked miracles running under Windows 8.1.... I might actually be able to use it now.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 22 May 2014, 02:34

Hi Tony,
there is an ID2Q converter for Windows included, but just for QuarkXPress 9, as Markzware doesn't have a Windows version for v10. For details see here:
http://content.quark.com/creativepro-gb.html (scroll to the small print at the bottom of the page).
You'll also get a licnese of 9 even if you have one already (so you have an additional license).
Thanks
Matthias

tony599

Post by tony599 » 22 May 2014, 20:04

Hi and thanks
I have the codes now and have downloaded the items. A few points for others:
1) The ID2Q product is actually a discontinued version and only works up to CS6 (or so it says) which means it won't work with the current subscription based versions I guess. Which is likely what I need it to do of course.

2) The Linotype Fonts download link doesn't work properly. As it stands, it tries to force you to pay the full amount for the set! After a few attempts I spotted that the link in the e-mail is wrongly set up - there is a redemption code at the end as a parameter '&PromoCode= Q14F-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX'. Unfortunately there is an embedded space after the '=' so the code never gets passed - this space obviously needs removing locally and I guess should have been reported already? And you also can't just download the font as with the other links - you have to then register with Linotype first (unless you have an account already of course).
3) I expect it's correct but the additional QXP9 Serial number is the same as that of my copy of QXP10?

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 23 May 2014, 01:04

Hi Tony,
Re 1) I think that's only true for the Windows variant of ID2Q. The Mac ID2Q is a supported product by Markzware and not discontinued. Please contact Markzware if you feel that they should continue the Windows version.
Re 2) Yes, that was reported before and I thought we fixed that already. Let me recheck please.

Re 3) Correct, it is an extension of your current license to allow you to run v9 (or to run an additional licnese of v9 if you already have one).
Regards
Matthias

tony599

Post by tony599 » 23 May 2014, 04:50

Re the Mac, I wouldn't know I don't have one... Why not support Windows then?

And the link, I copied and pasted it from the e-mail complete with the space...

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 23 May 2014, 05:50

Hi Tony,
that is something you need to ask Markzware please, we bundle this great tool but do not steer its direction.
Regards
Matthias

Return to “Sofa Threads”