Oh no...!!! ;-)

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.

eyoungren

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by eyoungren » 12 Jan 2012, 06:17

Don't know about this. I can see it, but at the same time there are lots of people who use screen names to hide their identity when their only intention on a community is to be abusive and derogatory. They are often trying to hide something.

My screen name here and in all of the other communities I am a part of is my name. I have nothing to hide and do not wish to be seen by others as hiding behind a false identity. I do have other communitys I am a part of where my screen name is different, but I always identity myself as who I am.

rcantin

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by rcantin » 12 Jan 2012, 14:49

eyoungren wrote:but I always identity myself as who I am.
So do I.Actually, I am really a mad-cow.

eyoungren

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by eyoungren » 12 Jan 2012, 16:07

LOL!
No offense to any of my friends here that are not using their real names. I understand that privacy is a reason for this as well and very justified in many cases. But I have encountered in many forums and communities (not necessarily this one) that most of the offensive people hide behind pseudonyms.

Glenn McDowall

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by Glenn McDowall » 13 Jan 2012, 05:31

I often wish I'd used a pseudonym to hand out some abuse to some of the ungrateful so and sos, LOL. I bet if you look at the stats for this forum, its way the other way around. Anyway how come all rzacherl's posts show up as blank under the avatar.

eyoungren

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by eyoungren » 13 Jan 2012, 09:48

Glenn McDowall wrote:I often wish I'd used a pseudonym to hand out some abuse to some of the ungrateful so and sos, LOL.

I'd like one so I can tell off people who ask stupid questions or have no business having whatever it is they are asking stupid questions about.
Glenn McDowall wrote: I bet if you look at the stats for this forum, its way the other way around.

Absolutely right. That's why I qualified my statement in my second post.
Glenn McDowall wrote:Anyway how come all rzacherl's posts show up as blank under the avatar.

Robert never logged back in when they switched over in 2007. Consequently, his avatar has never been set.

Glenn McDowall

Oh no...!!! ;-)

Post by Glenn McDowall » 15 Jan 2012, 22:35

Its deeper than that, almost certainly some sort of conspiracy theory[H][H]
I can't find anyone else whose name doesn't appear. I think its a deliberate attempt to enhance Legendary status[:D]

Return to “Sofa Threads”