Macaw Released for Code-free Site Creation

Kick back on the couch and discuss all things not directly related to QuarkXPress.
omegaman

Post by omegaman » 07 Apr 2014, 12:15

This code-free web design tool may be just what you have been looking for. Check out the videos at the following link.
Macaw

eyoungren

Post by eyoungren » 13 Apr 2014, 08:33

Unfortunately, Intel Mac only!
That leaves my PowerMac G4, iMac G5 and two 17" PowerBook G4s out in the cold. Oh well, there's the MacPro at work though.

omegaman

Post by omegaman » 14 Apr 2014, 11:17

eyoungren wrote:Unfortunately, Intel Mac only!
That leaves my PowerMac G4, iMac G5 and two 17" PowerBook G4s out in the cold. Oh well, there's the MacPro at work though.
You might also look at: http://www.silex.me
Creates websites via your Web Browser and Dropbox.

nawaz

Re: Macaw Released for Code-free Site Creation

Post by nawaz » 10 Nov 2014, 01:56

Unfortunately, Intel Mac only!

cjoy

Post by cjoy » 10 Nov 2014, 10:04

Can you even get a current browsers to work on those old macs?
I believe I had looked after a white G5(?) iMac not so long ago and lack of software support was a problem all across the board, neither a current Firefox nor chrome was available - Safari being out of the question. So Macaw would be my least concern when using those machines for web development.

That said, I would not say that Macaw is either fully code free or a tool for "site creation". It is a great tool for prototyping layouts, but don't assume you will create (not to speak of maintaining) a complete website with structure and content in that software. It is not really the best fit for that.

omegaman

Post by omegaman » 02 Dec 2014, 20:32

I've settled on and are now using Pinegrow Web Designer http://pinegrow.com

A desktop app that lets you build responsive websites faster with live multi-page editing, CSS styling and smart components for Bootstrap, Foundation, AngularJS and other frameworks.
27 inch iMac / Intel Core i5 / 2.66 GHz / 16 GB Memory / System: Yosemite 10.10.5 – PRINCIPAL DESIGN SOFTWARE: QuarkXpress 9 and 2015 / Affinity Designer / Affinity Photo / Acorn / Pinegrow Web Designer
http://www.e-assistance.com.au

shaun

Post by shaun » 03 Dec 2014, 11:21

cjoy wrote:
Can you even get a current browsers to work on those old macs?

TenFourFox is designed as a replacement for Firefox for use with Powermacs running Tiger (10.4); (it also works with Leopard 10.5 on same).

Return to “Sofa Threads”