Subscriptions

Want to improve the Quark XPerience? Drop your suggestion(s) here, including feature wishes for future versions of QuarkXPress.
ReneG

Subscriptions

Post by ReneG » 15 May 2012, 12:52

I was wondering if Quark will offer its software on a subscription basis like Adobe is doing right now.

omegaman

Subscriptions

Post by omegaman » 01 Jul 2012, 13:55

Personally, I hope not.

amckinney

Subscriptions

Post by amckinney » 24 Jun 2013, 05:26

Ditto! The fact that Adobe went to a subscription model might be Quark's best chance of getting people to switch back, once they see what a scam the subscription model is.

Ira

Subscriptions

Post by Ira » 01 Jul 2013, 23:56

Disagree:

As someone still using 7.5 now and can't afford to upgrade, I would jump on a subscription opportunity in a heartbeat to get up to date. Hell, I'm in love with Q and have been since 3, but Adobe's new model works for me and is very tempting.

And if Q did something similar but didn't strand you with non-backward compatible files...basically FORCING you to keep your subscription forever...that's a huge plus.

As a matter of fact, I don't think they have a choice. It would generate tons of bucks from the get-go and make them truly competitive with Q. But why not do it in parallel:

Offer subscriptions for those who need it because of money concerns (poor bums like me), and continue to offer and support fullly paid stand-alone versions and upgrades? And also...

Not overcharge foreign customers for subscriptions like Adobe is doing, creating FANTASTIC opportunties for Quark in Europe and Asia.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Subscriptions

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 28 Oct 2014, 01:26

Hi all,

we actually put subscriptions on the wishlist for you to rank to see whether our decision to offer perpetual licenses only is correct.

It ended up last.

So we seem to doing the right. Perpetual license only for QuarkXPress 2015. No subscription. No lock in.

Some customers even wrote to us and asked whether we can add a category where they can express what they do not want to see in QuarkXPress and that they'd choose subscriptions.

Thank you for your feedback!
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

dimograff.italy

Post by dimograff.italy » 03 Nov 2014, 08:03

With the Adobe perpetual licence I used to pay about 250 euro every 2/3 years, now I have to pay the same price every year!!!!!!
Quark is better!

chrisnz

Post by chrisnz » 14 Nov 2014, 23:34

Agree with the perpetual license being the right way to go! It is the ONLY reason that i am looking at moving back to Quark!! And I have moved from QXP 4.04 to ID many years ago, and have not regretted it until CC arrived. Soon CC will be the only option to update OSX as it becomes rock solid.

If you look at the desperate attempts by Adobe to continuously and aggressively push heavily discounted CC without ever having divulged an independently audited number of users who have moved to CC... it really says it all about their motives. And originally the incentives were meant to end a long time ago. There will be many people's eyes (and wallets) pop when Adobe feels they have enough clout to make their next bad move :)

Return to “Suggestion Box”