QUARKXPRESS 10.5 convert Form into vector graphic

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
nivoa

QUARKXPRESS 10.5 convert Form into vector graphic

Post by nivoa » 12 Nov 2017, 08:09

Hey i no it is unusual but i love creating logos in QuarkXPRess not in a vectorprogram.
Once the buyer decided which logo he want i start rebuilding them in illustrator.
i know i can export text to paths so i didn't need illustrator but what if there i a special form behind the relevant logo is it possible to convert this form to a path as well so when i export my file i have a vector graphic ?
I hope you understand the meaning of this topic
my language is german so i gave my best here in english

max.peter

Re: QUARKXPRESS 10.5 convert Form into vector graphic

Post by max.peter » 12 Nov 2017, 10:26

Hello nivoa,

Any project made with QuarkXPress can be saved/exported into more formats.
If you need a logo saved/exported as vector, you can export it as EPS or PDF file.
If you don't want to use Illustrator, there are free alternatives for every major OS, like Inkscape, or a paid, but cheaper software like Afinity Designer.
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

chandlerbing

Re: QUARKXPRESS 10.5 convert Form into vector graphic

Post by chandlerbing » 30 Jan 2019, 14:53

If the image you refer to was created as a vector object in Quark, then saving as PDF or EPS should preserve the vector information when re-opened in Illustrator. If the object or image is a raster you'd need to outline it with the pen tool. I don't believe Quark has any option for converting raster to vector automatically. And honestly I've never found the automated options for that to be of much value in Illustrator or Photoshop, either. You'll get much better results working by hand.

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”