Cannot delete unwanted layouts

Ask questions about creating HTML5 Publications and HTML pages – both fixed or responsive – using QuarkXPress 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. HTML5 Publications allow you to create online publications with near-WYSIWYG typography & design and app-like interactivity – at no extra cost.

Also learn about Progressive Web App (PWA) export from QuarkXPress 2018. And see how truly responsive layouts using CSS flexboxes are possible, using the Flex Layout in QuarkXPress 2019. All without having to code of course.
Andy Dowse

Cannot delete unwanted layouts

Post by Andy Dowse » 10 Aug 2018, 06:00

I have a constant problem whereby I can't delete unwanted layouts in my HTML publications. Whenever I ctrl click on a layout tab, the delete option is greyed out and unavailable. I always make sure the layout isn't being used anywhere such as a web view panel. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I am going wrong.
quark-layouts-screenshot.png
Screen shot showing the delete option greyed out
quark-layouts-screenshot.png (37.22 KiB) Viewed 3809 times

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Cannot delete unwanted layouts

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 10 Aug 2018, 07:12

Hi Andy,

have you maybe checked "Share" in Advanced Layout Properties?

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Andy Dowse

Post by Andy Dowse » 13 Aug 2018, 06:58

Hi Matthias

No, 'Share' isn't checked in the Advanced Layout Properties for any of the layouts.

Regards
Andy

srmareedu
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by srmareedu » 04 Nov 2018, 23:31

Hi Andy,
1. Open Content Palette
2. Delete the entries appearing in that Palette
3. Save Project. Close and Reopen the Project.
Thanks
Srinivas

English

Post by English » 10 May 2019, 09:40

Been having the same problem. Nothing in Content. Only thing that has worked is deleting the pages in the page layout window so that only one left. Save and then delete layout.

Return to “HTML5 Publications / Progressive Web Apps (PWA) / Flex layouts – from scratch and convert from Print”