Multiple XML content on same document page?

Discuss XML import/export in QuarkXPress 8 & 9 (and before).

If you are interested in newer XML publishing formats that Quark offers, then please contact us about Modifier XML (QuarkXPress Documents as XML) in QuarkXPress Server or about Quark XML Author.
omegaman

Post by omegaman » 13 Mar 2013, 13:42

Hi. Is there any way of importing multiple XML files (parts list numbers in this case) into separate text boxes on the same page of the document?

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 12 Jun 2013, 18:00

Sorry for the late reply. But as I had to revisit this issue, I remembered your post.The answer is no. But I have resolved this one of a couple ways, depending on the need for re-usability. If I don't need to re-import the XML, I will just convert the placeholders to text and then bring in the new XML.Alternatively, if there is the need for updating (like a catalog, etc.) I will simply merge the two (or more) XML files. If needed, I'll pre-fix the various XML entities so I know which source they came from and or their purpose. If it is going to be an on-going job, I'll write some macros in UltraEdit handle the bulk of the merges/renaming so it isn't a pita the next time.Mike

Return to “QuarkXPress 8 & 9: XML Import/Export - discontinued”