Instructions for sample assets (Buttons)

Showcase your best interactive designs you have created with QuarkXPress 7, 8 & 9.
Share your link here.
Please note that Flash (SWF) authoring is not supported in QuarkXPress 10 anymore.
Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 16 Mar 2010, 04:00

Hi all,
here are some small instructions on how to use the buttons provided:

[olist]
[*]Drag the desired button out of the library[*]In Object tab of Interactive palette look what kind of a button it is. Most of them are simple buttons.[*]To get a simple button to do something, select it and go to Event tab. For the button assign the desired action to the click up event. You can use the button to jump to a page (action Page > Display), open a URL (action Internet > Open URL), to play a sound (action Sound > Play) or many other things.[/olist]
If you have questions, please ask here!
Thanks
Matthias

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 11 Oct 2012, 11:32

Dear MattiasI am having tremendous button stress.I have googled and found this instructionI created a button for a website but couldn't ungrey the interactive windowI created a button alone and need to know what animation is usedI looked for "buttons provided" ad mentioned above and in my version (8.5.1) don't think there are anyI think I have to quit quark and know this is not the way to go.If there is a link to an idiot proof directions for button creation or for less than ugly blue link creation - please LMKThank you

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 11 Oct 2012, 13:42

I was watching this youtube video > and they referenced "Convert to Interactive Object" when you right click on a picture box.Now I might be crazy but I have quark 8.5.1 for PC and I don't have that option. Not even greyed out????

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 Oct 2012, 00:21

Hi Susancea,
I am sorry I fial to understand what you are doing.
Are you using the library I referenced here? It is not available as a download anymore.
And, are you using a the Interactive layout or a Web layout? What do you want to create, a Flash animation or a web (HTML) layout please?
Thanks
Matthias

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 12 Oct 2012, 01:47

I am adding (trying to) add buttons to a web layout for page transitions/navigation

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 12 Oct 2012, 04:12

Hi Susancea,
the instructions were for Interactive layout types, so they won't work in the web layout.
Web layouts do not have page transitions, you just use a hyperlink to show page.
Thanks
Matthias

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 12 Oct 2012, 09:04

All I really want to do is not have my hyperlinks be the ugly web bluethen I thought it would be good to connect my hyper links to buttons for navigationthen all went to pot

Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 14 Oct 2012, 20:14

Hi Susan,
in Layout Properties you can set the default for link color.
For an existing layout it is a Master Page property, change it there.
Thanks
Matthias

Susancea

Post by Susancea » 06 Dec 2012, 09:26

Ok... so here's my conundrum...I figured out how to change the color of my hyperlinksI figured out how to eliminate the underline for my hyperlinks (hate that look)All my hyperlinks are fully functioningBut when I test my site in Firefox and Chrome (works fine in IE)Just one of my hyperlinks renders with the underscore?Why would this happen?How can I fix this?TIA

Return to “Sample Sites”