Find and Replace based on text shade

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 10, 9 & 8 (and before) (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

As QuarkXPress 1 thru 10 are not supported by Quark anymore, please upgrade to a newer version of QuarkXPress if you are looking for official support. Support options for supported versions are here: http://support.quark.com
MarkyBoy

Find and Replace based on text shade

Post by MarkyBoy » 29 Mar 2016, 08:41

Hi all… Is there a way to 'find and replace' a text phrase that is set to a shade of 50% and replace with another text phrase set to 100%?

I have a recurring dialogue box that appears many times in a catalogue and I need to change part of the text from 50% to 100%.

I realise that it is probably bad practice to put a shade on text and I should have used a 100% paler colour!

MikeWenzloff

Re: Find and Replace based on text shade

Post by MikeWenzloff » 29 Mar 2016, 11:48

Unless you are using a Mac and either someone can write an applescript or one exists that you can modify, I do believe it will need to be done manually.

Next time consider making a swatch of a percentage of color. Then if the need changes, just changing the swatch changes all instances of that color.

Mike

Jean-Marie Schwartz

Re: Find and Replace based on text shade

Post by Jean-Marie Schwartz » 30 Mar 2016, 02:57

Provided there is no other text set to any shade you'd want to keep as is, this is a piece of code that will set the shade of every text of every story of your document to 100%. Let me know if it makes it.

Code: Select all

tell application "QuarkXPress9"
	tell document 1
		set the shade of (every text of every story) to "100%"
	end tell
end tell
Jean-Marie Schwartz

= Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel 2.8 GHz • 10 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 • Mac OS 10.10.5 • QuarkXPress 9.5.4.1 + QuarkXPress 2017 • Adobe CS5 =

Return to “QuarkXPress 8, 9 & 10: General”