Our June 2017 update extends your content automation solution with many enhancements to component management and web-based review, both of which help business users engage and collaborate better during the content life cycle.
Customer responsiveness is our first priority, so we have listened to your requests for improved usability and quality in numerous areas. For example, system administrators will appreciate new options for dynamic application configuration.
Please review the highlights below to learn more about what's coming and plan to review our documentation for relevant upgrade steps and deprecation announcements.
Heat up your summer with our June 2017 Update!
Quark Author Web Edition
- Comment replies - our collaborative review UI now provides enhancements to support inline styling, multi-para comments, and replies, because spanning silos to enable rich discussion about the content change cycle is often as vital as the content itself.
- Dynamic tool tabs - when editing regions or tables, tabs dynamically appear to present useful toolbar commands which simplify the authoring experience and enhance productivity. Consistent with all UI items, these are easily configurable to meet your requirements.
- New block elements as components - in addition to sections, you can now manage region and table content as components, allowing your business users greater opportunities for reuse.
- Metadata management - empower your information for maximum downstream value with rich, contextual metadata features. Assign keywords, apply multi-value properties, and select values from taxonomies with our new, highly-configurable properties pane that enables authors to enrich their content for further processing and discovery.
As announced in September 2016, we are deprecating our support for the following in this release:
- Deprecated APIs
- QXmlEditor - this API interface was still available in the September Update and is now replaced by the new QXmlEditorEx interface
- DWR (Dynamic Web Remoting) – this library is no longer available
- SOAP - the SOAP-based APIs shall be deprecated in our next major release
- Deprecated database version: SQL Server 2008 R2 is no longer available
- Deprecated server version: Windows Server 2008 R2 is no longer supported
How to learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what's new in this release or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting http://quark.parature.com.
See our full documentation set, available here:
We'd love to hear your feedback. Please start a conversation here on our Enterprise forums!
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions