Export as PDF options missing QXP 2015

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2015 (excluding Digital Publishing)
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Please note that since Dec 1, 2018, QuarkXPress 2015 is not supported anymore.

Worthington

Export as PDF options missing QXP 2015

Post by Worthington » 21 Jan 2018, 08:25

I've updated to latest QXP 11.2.0.6 but I still have see options in Export as PDF in QuarkXPress 2015. Is there solution for this problem other than installing a version of Sierra to run from?

My need for QuarkXPress is minimal nowadays but I've tried to keep it up to date at as low cost as possible. It will be with some sadness when support ends for QXP 2015 as I've had QuarkXPress with me since version 3 in 1990 but cannot justify much outlay to keep it up to date. The cost will be more than anything I might possibly earn from using it.

Matthias Guenther (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Export as PDF options missing QXP 2015

Post by Matthias Guenther (Quark) » 21 Jan 2018, 11:28

Hi W,

It's a known issue of QX2015 under High Sierra. This bug (which occurs in several dialog boxes) does not occur on Sierra or below.

Though this seems to be the only High Sierra specific bug on High Sierra, QuarkXPress 2015 is not supported on High Sierra.

So two options: Upgrade your version of QuarkXPress to v2016 or v2017. They both do not have this bug. Or downgrade to MacOS Sierra.

Optionally you can use the following workaround:
In the Export PDF dialog click on a different "location", e.g. the Desktop shortcut in the sidebar. Then the options reappear.

Thanks
Matthias
Feel there should be more chatting, more tips, more user interaction?
Join us on Facebook, a forum-like group with over 2,000 QuarkXPress fans interacting:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress

Return to “QuarkXPress 2015: General”