Consistent with our last several enterprise releases, we're showing our commitment to customer responsiveness by delivering priority improvements which impact dozens of enterprise customers. We know that your content automation projects depend on delivering important fixes and features to your business users as quickly as possible, so we make every effort to provide timely releases which allow you to accelerate results.
Sophisticated content requires sophisticated features to better support content creation across collaborating teams, so this release delivers important usability enhancements which matter most to subject matter experts. For example, we continue to build on a long list of features to help content creators more efficiently create and reuse content. A major highlight in March 2018 is our support for indirect referencing for those customers using DITA. We've also supplied several important enhancements to help streamline the content editing experience.
For more detail, please review our documentation for critical information which can help you succeed with this important update.
Quark XML Author
- Reuse milestone - our DITA configuration now supports keys, references by indirection, which help maximize your ability to leverage efficiencies and personalization across your entire information set
- Increased language support - your content needs to serve a global marketplace and our level of support, working in concert with the power of Microsoft Word, now fully supports CJK language authoring as well as advanced scenarios introduced by bidirectional content authoring inherent to Arabic and Hebrew
- Priority quality improvements - the XML Author team continues to enable customer success by delivering several key quality improvements for multiple enterprise customers
Microsoft Office and Quark XML Author Adapters
- XML Author Adapters enhancements - we added several usability enhancements to our Platform Adapters for XML Author to help business users accomplish common tasks more quickly
- Efficiency enhancements - business users will appreciate our new ribbon buttons to view revisions, edit all components, and pin/unpin all components
- Performance - when saving a document with many components, we continue to deliver performance gains by limiting canvas redraws and unnecessary client/server traffic
- Office Adapters quality improvements - responding to customer demand, we provided several key fixes to enhance the feature set when working with Excel or PowerPoint assets
How to learn more?
For a complete breakdown of what’s new in this release or for any other questions, please contact your support representative by visiting https://quark.freshdesk.com/en/support/home.
See our full documentation set, available here:
We'd love to hear your feedback. Please start a conversation here on our Enterprise forums!
Sr. Product Manager, Quark Enterprise Solutions