Preferences crash

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Luke Duran

Preferences crash

Post by Luke Duran » 03 Aug 2018, 12:53

Hi friends, curious if this is an issue specific to me, or an issue Quark is aware of? When I'm in Quark Preferences, and try to make any change to the Color Manager settings, the application crashes. Working on a 2014 iMac. Quark v 14.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.12.6
I've tried restarts, and deleting caches and the Quark preference file, does not fix the problem.
Thanks!

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Preferences crash

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 04 Aug 2018, 04:57

Hi,

Kindly send the project with CFO (collect for output with images, fonts, profiles) and crash log to apalaniappan@quark.com

Thanks
A. Palaniappan

Luke Duran

Post by Luke Duran » 08 Aug 2018, 12:23

Thank you for the response. I've been speaking with Tarini in Quark Tech Support, and it appears there is some issue with my Mac user account and Quark 2018. This is not an issue specific to a file: When I launchQuark 2018, and go to Color Settings in Preferences, if I make any changes to the settings, Quark crashes. Tarini had me create a new user account on my Mac, and Quark worked fine under this new user account. I don't want to have to switch to a new user account just to use Quark, but I also can't use it if I can alter the color settings preferences. Not sure what to do next.

dimograff.italy

Post by dimograff.italy » 01 Sep 2018, 11:20

Mac OS 10.11.6
Quark Xpress 2018 14.0.1

I open Quark Xpress, I open Preferences, I just do nothing, I click OK to close Preferences and Quark Xpress crashes!!!!!

So I erased QXP, then I installed again, I cleaned the Cash, I deleted the preferences... but it still crashes

I cannot work and use this new Quark 2018 if I cannot change some of the preferences.

I am very sad.

matteo

dimograff.italy

Post by dimograff.italy » 03 Sep 2018, 02:25

I think I found a way to run QXP2018 on your main account with all the preferences set as you want.

Create a new account, install QXP2018, set all the preferences and all the customizations as you prefer. When everything is ok and is perfectly working copy the PREFERENCES folder (here is how you can find it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa0Huk-Rpc ) and set it as a shared folder. Otherwise you can copy the folder on a USB key.
Then you switch to your main account, go to the preference folder, erase the preference folder and paste the new one that you created in your new account.
Now run QXP2018 on your main account and check preferences and all customizations. They should be exactly as you want.

Sorry for my english but I am Italian...

matteo

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”