Aligning stroked text

Want to improve the Quark XPerience? Drop your suggestion(s) here, including feature wishes for future versions of QuarkXPress.
ben nevis

Aligning stroked text

Post by ben nevis » 14 Aug 2018, 08:18

I was delighted when stroked text was introduced with Q2017 (decades late by the way!).

However, I don't like the way the stroke width setting currently works. As the stroke width is increased it overlaps the fill area and starts to rapidly reduce the visibility of the filled character. It would be much more useful if the stroke was aligned to the outside, that way the main filled character would remain unchanged. It would be best of all if there was a toggle option to align with the either the inside, centre or outside of the stroke - as in Adobe Illustrator. At the present I have to duplicate the text box (paste in place), set the stroke width and colour etc and move it behind the original copy.

I don't want to go back to converting text to box.

MikeWenzloff

Re: Aligning stroked text

Post by MikeWenzloff » 14 Aug 2018, 09:40

There is no option at this time for setting the stroke to anything but middle. I agree with the need to be able to set the position of the stroke. It's just not able to be done at this time.

Mike

Return to “Suggestion Box”