Quark makes multiple saves

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 (excluding Digital Publishing).
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Jim8Davis

Quark makes multiple saves

Post by Jim8Davis » 26 Aug 2018, 11:20

Yesterday I was doing a whole series of similar Quark documents in a row. They were a bunch of labels, all being saved to the same folder. However, Quark made two copies in addition to the original when I saved them. And applied sequential numbers to all of them. Example:

Doc A
Doc A 1
Doc A 2

Doc B
Doc B 3
Doc B 4

Doc C
Doc C 5
Doc C 6

I didn't realize this until I finished and the last copy was numbered 54. Did I accidentally turn on something that is making multiple saves. I now find it is doing it on every Quark doc I open. As soon as I close it and save, multiple saves are showing up.

max.peter

Re: Quark makes multiple saves

Post by max.peter » 26 Aug 2018, 14:22

Hello, Jim!

You can go to QXP's Preferences (Edit - Preferences) and check or change as you wish the settings in Application - Open and Save.
See the attached image.
Attachments
preferences.jpg
preferences.jpg (47.61 KiB) Viewed 219 times
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Jim8Davis

Post by Jim8Davis » 26 Aug 2018, 18:29

Thanks for the answer. I recently had gone into preferences and set both Auto Save and Auto Backup but must have overlooked that the Auto Backup had a number more than 1. I've got to start paying closer attention. *lol*

max.peter

Post by max.peter » 27 Aug 2018, 03:06

You are welcome!
Every day is a good day to learn something new.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”