cmd - removes marked text

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
tilmanlo

cmd - removes marked text

Post by tilmanlo » 09 Oct 2018, 12:02

Bug or feature? Whne I have text selected and type command and minus on the 10digit-block it removes the marked text an puts a speciality in the box. I expected quark would zoom out. Can not find where to change in the key command settings. This is what is inserted: Image
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto.png
Bildschirmfoto.png (46.5 KiB) Viewed 182 times

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: cmd - removes marked text

Post by Sirish Nair (Quark) » 09 Oct 2018, 23:13

Hi tilmanlo,

Command+ - (hyphen) is the shortcut for inserting discretionary hyphen (soft hyphen) character. If you select some text and insert a discretionary hyphen, then the selected text will be overwritten by the new character. This is similar to overwriting selected text by typing some text.

Apple's Zoom out shortcut is Command + Shift + - (Hyphen)
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

tilmanlo

Re: cmd - removes marked text

Post by tilmanlo » 10 Oct 2018, 02:16

Hi Sirish, thanks for your quick response. You are absolutely right. It has been the same behaviour in older versions. Seems that I have done too much photoshop in the last times :) Nevertheless: without marked text cmd +- works well on decimal keyboard.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”