Fonts using Styles not real Bold, Italics, etc

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
tdeprenda0314

Fonts using Styles not real Bold, Italics, etc

Post by tdeprenda0314 » 10 Oct 2018, 13:29

Having an issue where the fonts pick up the "fake" styles in the Type Style menu such as Bold and Italics. Example: Myriad Pro Semibold Italic picks up the "B" and "I" in Type Style Menu. When you turn those styles off, the font reverts to Myriad Pro Regular. When exporting to PDF the font is correct though. it is happening with all fonts. Have seen this issue in macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and macOs Mojave 10.14. Using Suitcase Fusion 19.1.1 to load fonts in 10.12.6 and Font Book in 10.14. This is happening when opening legacy documents and new documents.

Update: I just searched the forum (apologies for the duplicate post) and saw that this is not just an issue with me but other users as well. As a graphic designer, I have always been told to use the correct font, not a fake style, such as the "B" or "I". There are many fonts within a family such as SemiBold, ExtraBold, Black, etc. You can see on screen that these fonts look different when applying a fake style. Quark needs to put this back to the way it was!

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”