PROBLEM: footnote seperator style

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
rb

PROBLEM: footnote seperator style

Post by rb » 06 Nov 2018, 02:29

Does anyone know how to apply a custom footnote seperator style?
I have added this custom style to the edit>footnotestyle menu but it does not show up in the footnote palet.
So: how do I choose my custom footnote seperator style (instead of the default seperator style)

srmareedu
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: PROBLEM: footnote seperator style

Post by srmareedu » 06 Nov 2018, 02:58

Hi rb,
You can apply Foot Note Separator Style from Style > Foot Note Separator Style.

Thanks
Srinivas

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: PROBLEM: footnote seperator style

Post by Sirish Nair (Quark) » 12 Nov 2018, 00:35

rb wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 02:29
Does anyone know how to apply a custom footnote seperator style?
I have added this custom style to the edit>footnotestyle menu but it does not show up in the footnote palet.
So: how do I choose my custom footnote seperator style (instead of the default seperator style)
Hi rb,

Footnote Separator style is a text box attribute and is not a part of the footnote style. A text box can have multiple footnotes having different footnote styles but only a single Footnote Separator style can be applied on a text box. You need to apply the custom Footnote Separator style to each box (even if it is part of a linked text chain) or you can apply the custom Footnote Separator style on the Master Page in case of automatic text box (in this case the Footnote Separator style will be automatically applied to the linked text chain)
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”