Custom Dashes beyond 200 points?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
GaryMansbridge

Custom Dashes beyond 200 points?

Post by GaryMansbridge » 06 Nov 2018, 11:29

Hello, in the past I have used custom dashes for Rule Below a paragraph in table headings to accomplish line breaks between periods without having to add white boxes, inline or above the table, to create the breaks.

I need to update the layout for a table which is much wider and I need to break the rule in roughly the middle to define one Series from the next. But, in Dashes and Stripes the length of any dash is limited to 200 points and cannot accommodate the sample shown here.
Paragraph Rule Sample.png
Sub rule=202.5 points, Total rule=318 points
(27.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I could accomplish this with a 2 column layout, but this would require creating and using different styles in each column and new master pages. Probably, as much, or more trouble as adding white boxes to break rules on many pages with non uniform layouts.

Does anyone have any ideas for a solution or workaround?

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”