New Glitches

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
JackieFrant

New Glitches

Post by JackieFrant » 06 Nov 2018, 16:12

FYI - I just imported a manuscript from Microsoft Works into a Quark layout. Every paragraph has been given an additional period. Yep end of sentence gets.. and if I had a note that does not in style get a period - it now gets one period.

Makes me sorry up updated. UGH

Anyone else experiencing glitches?

MikeWenzloff

Re: New Glitches

Post by MikeWenzloff » 06 Nov 2018, 17:25

Never seen this happen!

Would it be possible for you to upload a slimmed-down version of the document? A paragraph or two that exhibits this?

Mike

JackieFrant

Post by JackieFrant » 08 Nov 2018, 08:08

Hi Mike,

I just did a search and replace -- I needed to get the job out and didn't have time to figure it out.

Meanwhile last night's glitch. I went to make my Quark document a PDF -- and page one is a full bleed cover. The PDF cut off .125 (1/8) on the left side and the bottom. I was using screen medium resolution. Quick fix did the cover as a hi-res print with crop marks and then cut it down for the first draft so I had something decent to send.

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 08 Nov 2018, 08:49

Hi Jackie,

If/when possible, though, a page or two of the MS Works file would be good to see. At the least, Quark themselves should look at it so if something is wrong in the import it can be fixed.

As for the new issue...again, a test file that exhibits the issue if/when you can get to it would only serve to track down any potential issues. But at least this issue is one I can look at on my side.

I regret to say exporting to a PDF using the same preset (and others) exported correctly here. Hence the need for a sample publication that exhibits the issue would be needed to verify the issue and figure out what's happening.

Thank you, Mike

Sirish Nair (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by Sirish Nair (Quark) » 12 Nov 2018, 00:25

JackieFrant wrote:
06 Nov 2018, 16:12
FYI - I just imported a manuscript from Microsoft Works into a Quark layout. Every paragraph has been given an additional period. Yep end of sentence gets.. and if I had a note that does not in style get a period - it now gets one period.

Makes me sorry up updated. UGH

Anyone else experiencing glitches?
Hi JackieFrant,

Kindly share the Microsoft Works file and QuarkXPress project. You can mail to me at sinair@quark.com
Sirish Nair
Senior Technical Lead, Quality Assurance
QUARKXPRESS PUBLISHING R&D (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
A-45, Industrial Area, Phase 8-B, Mohali, Punjab, India Pin: 160059
sinair@quark.com | http://www.quark.com

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”