IDML-Import -> profile lacking

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro (Mac App Store variant).

For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.

Want to discuss with hundreds of fellow QuarkXPress fans and interact with the QuarkXPress team? Then join our Facebook Group please, where every day dozens of questions are being asked and answered: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quarkxpress/
Welsbach

IDML-Import -> profile lacking

Post by Welsbach » 26 Dec 2018, 09:11

I imported a IDML-file to QuarkXPress 2018 (Windows 10). Whenever I open it, I get the message, that a profile is lacking. In the dialog box I have the option to replace this lacking profile with another one but this has not the effect, that it is relaced. When I open the file trhe next time, I get the samne error message. I find no possibility to avoid this. The profile manager doesnʼt hel: There I can replace the lacking profile with another one, but... when I open the file the next time, I get the same error message. Is there anything I can do?

MikeWenzloff

Re: IDML-Import -> profile lacking

Post by MikeWenzloff » 26 Dec 2018, 09:38

Can you provide a cut-down version of the IDML to test?

I haven't had the issue as described. As such I have no initial suggestions.

Thanks, Mike

Welsbach

Post by Welsbach » 01 Jan 2019, 05:05

How can I cut it down?

MikeWenzloff

Post by MikeWenzloff » 01 Jan 2019, 10:21

I was thinking just deleting X number of pages.

But if you would like, just upload the IDML to dropbox or the like and either post the link here or send me a Private Message for the download link.

Mike

Welsbach

Post by Welsbach » 03 Jan 2019, 00:12

OK. Iʼll upload the file to Dropbox. For the moment I have no accss to InDesign and canʼt delete pages.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018 and QuarkXPress 2018 Pro: General”