Layout tab names swapping bug

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018.
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
Andy Dowse

Layout tab names swapping bug

Post by Andy Dowse » 30 May 2019, 04:44

I've been experiencing a problem with the names of layouts swapping around in their tabs in HTML5 Publications.

For example, if one of my layouts is called 'News' and another is called 'Introduction', their names can suddenly switch around whilst I'm working on the publication – so 'News' will now be called 'Introduction', etc.

It seems to happen after I've either edited an attribute of a tab by doing an alt-click (Mac) or after accessing one of the hidden tabs with the double arrow in the top right of the screen.

This seems to happen once the project reaches a certain number of layouts – although I've not done a precise study to determine what the magic number is.

Closing and re-opening the project resets everything back to normal, but this becomes really disruptive when this problems is occurring every few minutes.

I've noticed this problem is both Quark 2017 and 2018 - both on my Mac.

Has anyone else experienced this – is it a recognised bug?

srmareedu
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Layout tab names swapping bug

Post by srmareedu » 02 Jun 2019, 23:20

Hi Andy,
We are trying to reproduce this at our end. Can you please share movie recording or screen shots to elaborate this problem?

Thanks
Srinivas

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”