Quarkxpress 2018 updater behaviour....

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018.
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
S-J

Quarkxpress 2018 updater behaviour....

Post by S-J » 16 Jun 2019, 03:31

Before I mess up my installation of QX2018, can someone please advise if it is normal that one must uninstall the current QX 2018 installation before the updater can be installed? Usually updating is handled by the app's update function but my QX update function under Help does not work. It gives me a message that I must run the QX installer and only install the updater again. Tried this a number of times without success. Seems to me buggy behaviour of the QX app. Thus before I try and update to QX 2018 14.2.1, can someone please comment on the above and confirm that the updater is a full independent install that will not break my current installation. Do I have to follow the windows installer notice that instructs me to first uninstall my current quark installation before proceeding with the updater installation. I have never experienced this kind of behaviour with any windows apps before, hence my confusion and caution. Any help and advice appreciated.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”