Saved PDF Styles - where have they gone?

Discuss functionality of QuarkXPress 2018.
For Digital Publishing functionality please refer to forums in the "Digital Publishing" group.
MarkyBoy

Saved PDF Styles - where have they gone?

Post by MarkyBoy » 19 Jun 2019, 07:44

Hi all

I created a custom PDF style, using the 'new pdf output style' option - I named and saved the style.

I outputted 20 or so documents using the new style I created.

A couple of weeks later, I want to use that style again and it is no longer in the list of PDF Styles. It seems to have been lost after Quark was shut down.

Where are these custom styles saved and can I recover it as I can't recall all the settings I changed?!

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Re: Saved PDF Styles - where have they gone?

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 19 Jun 2019, 08:06

Hi MarkyBoy,

Kindly open the same project and go to file> Export as PDF and click on options (previously exported settings would be retained as captured settings), select the style drop down and click on the new pdf output style and enter some name (e.g. PDF Style for reuse) and save. Now go to Edit> Output Style> and you can see the output style and export and keep it in your system for reuse. Now, you can output by using the captured settings or with the style created.

Thanks
A. Palaniappan

MarkyBoy

Post by MarkyBoy » 19 Jun 2019, 08:17

Thanks for the info - is there a specific folder that I should export the resulting xml file to?

A Palaniappan (Quark)
Quarkian
Quarkian

Post by A Palaniappan (Quark) » 19 Jun 2019, 08:20

You can keep it anywhere.

Return to “QuarkXPress 2018: General”